Fall 2017 UVP Network Meeting
October 4-6, 2017
Georgia Institute of Technology
Communication and Collaboration across Difference
A note about the UVP Network
The UVP Network is composed of faculty administrators who, while having many different titles, share a distinctive role: all-University administrative responsibility for undergraduate education. The UVP Network has come to play a central role, along with the Board and Executive Director, in identifying the topics and issues the Collaborative focuses on in distinctive periods.
People who hold a UVP role at non-member research universities are invited to attend for a registration fee of $250 that can be applied to the 2017-18 membership dues; they should contact us at email@example.com for further information.
Wednesday, October 4 – Pre-Conference Events
Board Meeting (board members only)
Dinner and Welcome from Georgia Tech President G. P. “Bud” Peterson and Provost Rafael L. Bras
Thursday, October 5 – UVP Network Meeting
Welcome and Introductions
- Colin Potts, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, Georgia Tech
- Alan Lamborn, Executive Director, Reinvention Collaborative
- Mike Mullen, President and Board Chair, Reinvention Collaborative
Session 1 | Communication in Teams: Teamwork across the Curriculum
- Mary Lynn Realff, Associate Professor, School of Material Science and Engineering, Georgia Tech
- Richard Utz, Professor and Chair of the School of Literature, Media and Communication, Georgia Tech
Campus Tours with Georgia Tech Student Ambassadors
- Michelle Tullier, Executive Director of the Center for Career Discovery and Development, Georgia Tech
- Jennifer Hirsch, Director, Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain, Georgia Tech
Friday, October 6 —UVP Meeting
Session 5 | Hot Topics – members of the UVP Network are invited to come with specific issues or problems they would like to discuss with their colleagues. An opportunity to both get advice and promote professional development within the Network.